In this free webinar, Andres vonBreyman will show you how to create a parametric analytical model of a balanced cantilever bridge in Grasshopper. He is Going to attach cross-sections, placements, and any further relevant information to the road alignment. Based on these definitions a fully parametric bridge model for analysis and design is generated.
What will you learn?
- Organize input data in a spreadsheet and create the bridge superstructure along an axis with a master cross-section, variables, and placements.
- Define the superstructure as a spine model. Assign construction stage numbers and section Id’s to the structural lines.
- Specify support conditions using placement names or station values.
- Define cantilever and continuous tendons based on placement names or station values.
- Modify the model and visualize its data in Rhino.
- Apply permanent and variable loads.
- Perform a construction staged analysis.