Parametric tools such as Grasshopper and scripting of FE analysis packages have given engineers the opportunity to “look under the hood” of software to automate its functionality and send data between different packages. This is enabling engineers to work faster and more creatively.
The course will be hosted in several session starting with the end of July 2020. Guiding you from the very first steps in Grasshopper to creating your first SOFiSTiK model is the main focus of the two-day training. Find the preliminary Agendas for both days below.
Part 1 + 2: Grasshopper Basics
- Rhino and Grasshopper UI
- Grasshopper introduction
- Data structures
- Default component behaviour
- Generating and analysing the geometry
- Simple worked example
- Adding components
- Food 4 Rhino
- SOFiSTiK Components
- A basic introduction to scripting within Grasshopper
Part 3+4: Grasshopper – SOFiSTiK
- Add floors and supports to a hyperboloid
- Bake and apply SOFiSTiK properties in Rhino
- SOFiSTiK Nodes in Grasshopper
- Introduction SOFiSTiK Grasshopper Nodes
- How to feed Nodes
- Add groups and orientation to a hyperboloid
- CADiNP – A brief refresher
- Module structure
- The minimum requirement to run a text-file successfully.
- #include, +apply
- Generating and editing text data in Grasshopper
- Generate .dat files in Grasshopper
- Extended scripting within Grasshopper
- Custom record creation.
Grasshopper Basics Part 1: 28.07.2020, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
Grasshopper Basics Part 2: 29.07.2020, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
SOFiSTiK – Grasshopper Integration: 04.08.2020, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
SOFiSTiK – Grasshopper Integration: 05.08.2020, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
Registration and Further Details: