This tutorial will introduce you to defining and assigning cross-section variables in SOFiSTiK SOFiPLUS and Cross-Section Editor.
You will build a 3-span concrete box beam bridge in SOFiPLUS from scratch to practise the required steps of parametric modelling.
The bridge cross-section is a box section with a varying height and bottom slab thickness, which you create from scratch in the SOFiPLUS Cross Section Editor. Later, variables varying the cross-section’s total height and bottom slab thickness will be introduced.
- Cross-Section Definition in SOFiPLUS Cross Section Editor
- Defining Variables (cartesian reference) and Default Values
- Defining a geometric axis as bridge alignment
- Assigning variable values along the geometric axis
- Checking of interpolated cross-sections